When you go to Walt Disney World, you definitely want to make sure that you have some fast passes because let me tell you, if the regular line is long, it will not get any shorter, so booking a fast pass for that ride lets you be in a different line where you can get on the ride before a majority of the people in the regular line. It makes the waiting time shorter for you, and it lets you experience the joy of the ride without the annoyance of the line-up.
Now, if you see a ride that doesn't have a long wait time for the regular line, I wouldn't recommend you booking a fast past for that ride. Instead, use it for one of the more popular rides that always has a long line up, and this way, you will get more value out of your fast passes.
With the fast passes, you can book three a day to start, and then once you have gone on those three rides, you can book more at a fast pass kiosk that they have located around the park.
![]() |
| The sensor that will scan the Magic Band |
When I went to Walt Disney World, I got a blue magic band, and then the next year I got a pink one. It is definitely neat to be able to choose your magic band colour. The colours you can get for them are yellow, grey (boring), orange, green, blue, red, and pink. Quite a few options am I right?
But back to the fast passes.
Booking fast passes is surely a must for people who dislike long lines (which, let's be honest, is all of us no matter how patient we think we are), and they allows you to go on more rides in less time because you don't have to wait so long to enjoy the ride. It's a win, win. You get to go on more rides, and you have a snazzy band the lets you do pretty much everything.
Moving Onto the Long-Waited Dining Plan
If you have read any of previous blog posts, you know that I have mentioned the dining plan quite frequently, but let me just explain what it actually is.
The dining plan is a great way to save some money on food while you are on vacation in the magical land of Disney. While the food is delicious in all of the parks, that doesn't mean that it won't get pricey, and even though it costs some money to get a dining plan, it is an easy way to save money on food. Now, you're probably thinking, "Save money? But you just said that we have to spend money on the dining plan, and now you're saying that we will save money by spending more?"
![]() |
| Walt Disney World's Dining Plan |
Valid questions, and my explanation may not have
![]() |
| The Grand Floridian Restaurant |
The picture below to the left, is a picture of the Grand Floridian café. The Grand Floridian is a hotel right by the Magic Kingdom, and to stay there for one night can cost over $1,000, which is pretty crazy but just look at where you get to eat. My Aunt had just recently gone to Disney World and she upgraded her dining plan to where she could eat her without having to pay at the table. She is very lucky because I don't imagine that it would be cheap to eat there, even for one person. My Grandma was jealous because she loves the Grand Floridian (even though she knows it's expensive) and she would have loved to have seen the hotel even if she didn't eat anything. So guess what my Aunt brought back from her dinner at the Grand Floridian hotel? A mint. She brought my Grandma an after-dinner mint from the Grand Floridian hotel. Well, at least she can say that she has something from the fanciest hotel in Walt Disney World, right?
Another thing that I almost forgot, the dining plan allows you to eat in your hotel's cafeteria. I know right, the hotels have their own cafeteria's, and they can be pretty big. Your hotel will have a cafeteria that your dining plan allows you to eat at, so if you don't feel like eating in one of the parks and you just want to relax and eat in your hotel, you can do that. The dining plan lets you eat wherever you want with no hassle, and of course their food is delicious, just like all of Disney World's food is.
![]() |
| Beverage stand in the Pop Century resort cafeteria |
If you plan on going to Walt Disney World, I would definitely recommend getting fast passes and getting a dining plan. They will help you avoid long lines and get the most out of your culinary appetite.
Thank you for tuning into this week's blog post, and I hope you come back next week for even more info and tips to get the most out of your trip to Walt Disney World!
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney




Amanda! What a wonderful blog! Your layout is very professional and the organisation of your pictures and text is awesome! I especially love the Walt Disney quote at the end.
ReplyDeleteHere's some advice to you to make your blog even better! Make sure to re-read your blog before you post it. I noticed a few spelling mistakes here and there (which made me have to stop and think about what you meant to say, and I honestly hate all that painful extra effort!) Secondly, some of your sentences appeared to be run on sentences that were harder to read. Once again, re-read it, get a pal to read it or something. Lastly, it could be just me, but I'm not a fan of the dull gray font. Maybe make it white? Or a little lighter to make it easier to read?
QUESTION TIME: I've never ever been to Disney land or World! I've always wanted to go! When is the best time to go and why?
Thanks Amanda!
Thanks for reading my blog Sidney. I will definitely take all of your suggestions and advice into account when creating my next blog. As for your question, I would definitely recommend going to Disney World in September or October, as that's when the weather is cooling down a bit where it's not as hot, but still nice and sunny. Secondly, that's when Disney World sells the dining plan that I talked about in this post, which can save you a lot of money. Hope this helped?
ReplyDelete