Wednesday, 20 December 2017

Different Types of Tickets and Transportation

We all know about the amazing things to do at Disney World, but how much does it cost to do those things, and how can you get there?
These are two very good questions that will be answered in this weeks blog, as we look at the different park tickets that you can buy, and what resources there are for getting from place to place.

What kind of tickets are there?

So there are two different kinds of tickets. There are just the one day tickets that you can only go to one park for that day. But, if you want to go to multiple parks in a day, you can choose to get the park hopper tickets. The name literally says what you can do, by going from park to park.

One of the first tickets designed for Walt Disney World
According to the official Walt Disney World website, if you want to purchase park tickets for, let's say, 2 days, then the price per ticket is $99.50 but if you want to purchase park tickets for 10 days, it's $44.00. Keep in mind that these are just the starting prices, and if you want to get park-hopper tickets, then the price will increase. And of course, adult tickets are more expensive then children's tickets.


A picture of the price of theme park tickets for Disney World

If you want a 2-day ticket for one park and for one person over 10 years old, then it would cost $199.00, but if you want a 2-day park hopper ticket for one person over 10 years old, then it would cost $259.00. As you can see, the park hopper tickets are about $60 more, but you get to go to another park in the same day, so if you felt like going on some rides in the Magic Kingdom, and then going to see the show in the Tree of Life later on, then the park hopper tickets allow you to do that.




There are also tickets that you can purchase for extra magic hours (when the parks are open after closing hours). These tickets are for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, which I've been to and it's honestly so cool to see so many people dressed up as Disney characters.

My aunt and I at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
To the left is a picture of my aunt and I at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. I went dressed up as Minnie, and my aunt was Mickey. I thought there would be a lot more people dressed up as Minnie and Mickey but I was wrong. Now that doesn't mean that there weren't a lot of people dressed up as them, there just wasn't as much people as I thought there would be.

It was really cool though, we got to see a lot of different costumes, for example, I saw someone dressed as Maleficent, I saw a Jack Skellington, and there was even someone dressed up as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

If you go to Disney World, I definitely recommend going to this party. The tickets start at $74 for adults and $69 for children, and you have to purchase these tickets individually but it's so fun and you get to walk around all of Magic Kingdom and collect candy from these huge bins that they have, and you can get special Halloween pins to collect and trade, it's just a really good time so I recommend going.

How can you get to all of the parks?

If you're worried about not being able to bring your car to Disney World, then stop it because there are special Disney buses that take you from your hotel to whichever park you want. There are even buses that can take you to Blizzard Beach and Disney Springs.

So you don't need to call a cab to get from park to park, instead you can save that money and go on the buses that run 45 minutes before all the parks open, and they run until 1 hour after the parks close, so it's plenty of time for you to enjoy the fun of the parks from open till close (if you want to).

Disney Transport Buses
The only time you will need to call a cab is if you want to go to a mall or something like that, because the Disney transport buses don't go to places outside of Disney World. There is also a monorail that will take you to the Polynesian resort, the Grand Floridian resort, the Magic Kingdom, and the Contemporary resort, in that order.

This is really the only mode of transportation that Disney offers, that I know of at least. If you guys know of another one and I didn't talk about it, please comment down below what it is.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
                                                  - Walt Disney

2 comments:

  1. That Not So Scary Halloween Party sounds like a blast; I would totally go dressed up as one of the fairies from Pixie Hollow, I'm not even kidding. Probably Silvermist or Raini....sorry, okay, um I like this one because it shows all of the prices that are going to be necessary for a trip to Disney. What's the best part about having that Halloween Party? The pins, the candy, what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is a blast, and I definitely suggest going on as many rides as you can that night, especially the Haunted Mansion ride. The best part of the party though I would say is just seeing what everyone is dressed up as, and seeing how creative people can get with their costumes.

    ReplyDelete