So, if you don't feel like going on any rides and you don't want to lounge around your hotel, there are plenty of things for you to do downtown.
Disney Springs
One very popular place is Disney Springs, formerly known as Downtown Disney. Disney Springs is located on Buena Vista Dr. not far from the Disney World parks where you can go and shop all day long. You actually might need a couple days to get through all of the shops that Disney Springs has.
![]() |
| Disney Springs, Walt Disney World |
Now let's get into the shops...
Places to Shop in Disney Springs
![]() |
| Lefty's - The Left Handed Store Mugs |
I was searching what the best stores were in Disney Springs recently, and I came across a store that I find really cool. It's a store for people who are left-handed, and it's called Lefty's - The Left Handed Store. Being someone who's left-handed, I think that this store is pretty cool to have. I would especially love to have left-handed scissors because the right-handed ones never work for me (obviously) but I have to give props to the Disney company for thinking of this.
There are also a lot of clothing stores in Disney Springs, and I mean a lot. On the Disney Springs website, I counted roughly 51 clothing stores, not including all of the jewelry stores or shoe stores either. Now you get why I said you might need a couple of days to complete your visit to Disney Springs.
One of my favourite stores though is called Disney's Design-a-Tee. You get to design your own t-shirt using different colours and different patterns or you can even put your favourite Disney characters on it. When I went there, I designed a shirt that was blue, and it had characters from the movie Frozen on it. You don't have to do characters though, you can put anything on your shirt and make it any colour you want.
![]() |
| The World of Disney store |
Another huge and very well-known store on the Disney Springs boardwalk is called The World of Disney. This store has just about everything you need to satisfy your need for Disney merchandise. There are about twelve "rooms" in this store that are filled with character toys, ornaments and decorations, clothing, household items, pins, and so many collectibles. All Disney themed of course.
Extra Places to Make Your Stay More Magical
One place that I have heard so many great things about (but never had the chance to go) is Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. It's a huge water park with a beach, a lazy river, so many pools and a lot of waterslides. Typhoon Lagoon just recently added a new attraction to the park which is called Miss Adventure Falls, and it is the longest ride in the history of Disney water parks, so I would definitely want to go on that. You get on a raft with three other people, and throughout the ride, you see treasure and you meet a special character for that ride.
![]() |
| Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park |
![]() |
| Overview of Disney's Blizzard Beach |
I haven't been to this water park either, but it definitely seems like it would be a great way to cool off during a really hot day.
I also would really want to go on Mount Gushmore, because I love water slides, especially if they're longer, because there are so many waterslides that are over a few seconds after you just got on, and I like the thought of having a waterslide that is long enough to actually enjoy it.
These aren't all of the places that are available for you outside of the Disney World kingdoms, but they're the most popular or well-known places that Disney has. If you have heard of a place that Disney has and I did not list it, feel free to comment down below what it is and I might include it in my next blog. Thanks for reading!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
- Walt Disney





I love hearing your incite to Disney World, it is really evident how passionate you are about this blog.
ReplyDeleteI've been to both of those water parks when I was younger and they are a ton of fun! So definitely go when you get the chance. I liked the blue links but the red was a little hard to read.
If you had one day to go to any Disney Park or place which would you chose and why?
Thanks for reading my blog! I don't why the two links are red, but I'll try to change them. I would probably have to go to the Magic Kingdom, just because it's my favourite, there's just so many things to do in that park.
Delete